Why choose Maths Doctor?
- Maths Doctor has been awarded Best Private Tutoring company of 2014
- We fully train and certify all of our tutors
- Every one of our tutors is regularly CRB/DBS checked
- Your child is matched with a tutor based on learning type and goal
- You will receive feedback about your child after every lesson
- Free no obligation taster session
Education in Bedfordshire
Bedfordshire is an area which encompasses a total of 144 schools. Of these, 96 are state funded primary institutions, 34 are state funded secondary institutions and just 5 are independent or private schools. Though an estimated 87% of all children educated in the region opt for continuation following their GCSE’s, just slightly over half wind up with places at University. We all want the best for our kids, and sometimes a little tuition is needed to boost results and performance so their aspirations can be reached.
Within the Bedfordshire area there are some fantastic middle and upper schools, who alongside colleges and single sex and co-ed independent schools offer a range of educational options for students hoping to progress their studies beyond GCSE. Wherever your child chooses to continue their study, achieving a C grade or higher at GCSE could be fundamental with many schools citing this as the minimum grade for entry to their A-Level courses even if maths itself is not being studied. A B grade at GCSE is the common pre-requisite for study of the subject at A-Level. In addition, some of the top independent schools in the Bedfordshire area offer pupils the options of studying for the International baccalaureate, which must include the study of maths. Maths is a challenging and demanding subject, particular past GCSE level. The tutees we work with tell us that the extra confidence and motivation maths tutoring provides helps spur them on to achieve grades they previously considered out of reach. To organise tailored tutoring for your child with a maths tutor in the Bedfordshire area, call 0800 088 2820 and one of our learning advisors will be happy to help. Following a no-obligation learning assessment we are able to match individuals with the right tutor the very next day.
Did you know?
- In 1850, Bedfordshire-born architect Sir Joseph Paxton (1803-65) designed The Crystal Palace building, a revolutionary modular, prefabricated glass and iron structure that was also inexpensive and easy to build quickly.
- TV presenter, engineer and mathematician Carol Vorderman was born in Bedford in 1960.