Maths Tutors covering Berkshire
Why choose Maths Doctor?
- Maths Doctor has been awarded Best Private Tutoring company of 2014
- We fully train and certify all of our tutors
- Every one of our tutors is regularly CRB/DBS checked
- Your child is matched with a tutor based on learning type and goal
- You will receive feedback about your child after every lesson
- Free no obligation taster session
Working with a dedicated tutor to enhance knowledge and boost confidence can help children of all ages to realise their full academic potential in maths. Here at Maths Doctor, our tutors are proud to help pupils in the Berkshire area to progress onto the next stage in their education. They coach individuals towards success in selective school tests and teach skills that help them achieve success in exams at all levels. We recognise that every child has different needs, which is why even in the smallest of class sizes it’s possible for them to get lost in the crowd. With this in mind, we take the time to understand your child’s learning needs; following an assessment they are matched with a maths tutor who is well suited to their requirements. From this point, tutor and tutee work together to identify specific goals, monitoring their progress continually to help them achieve their goals.
Education in Berkshire
A fairly prevalent issue with schooling in Berkshire is continued oversubscription. Despite containing some rather large areas with a high volume of facilities, the county’s rates for first choice secondary school admittance leave a lot to be desired. With Bracknell secondary’s admitting 79% of applicants, Reading and Wokingham similar amounts- and Slough granting just 55% of secondary students a place at their chosen school. Fully aware of the challenges faced by students in Berkshire, Maths Doctor tuition can aid the process of getting into the chosen school.
Whether your child intends to pursue maths at a higher academic level or not, the subject is likely to have an impact on their educational pathway. To study A-levels at local sixth form colleges in the Berkshire area, pupils are commonly asked to achieve a C grade or higher in the topic. And, those pupils who intend to take maths at A-level or beyond are asked to secure a B grade in the subject. Using ongoing assessment, our maths tutors identify obstacles that may have prevented children making progress the past, boosting performance and helping them find new enthusiasm. In addition to developing knowledge and passing on study skills that will help them for years to come, they concentrate on building the confidence that can help them strive for higher achievement. To learn more about maths tutors in the Berkshire area and how tutoring could help your child discover a new confidence in maths, call a Maths Doctor learning adviser on 0800 088 2820. Following our obligation-free learning assessment, we can match individuals with the right tutor the very next day.
Did you know?
- When renowned engineer Isambard Kingdom Brunel built Maidenhead Railway Bridge in 1838, it had the widest and flattest brick arches in the world.
- Reading-born physicist Sir Clifford Charles Butler (1922-99) discovered the hyperon and meson types of particle, and was an academic involved in educational policy.
- Pioneering mathematician John Blagrave, born in Berkshire in 1561, studied at Reading School and published four mathematical books in his lifetime.
- 19 of Britain’s 52 Prime Ministers (+ a Thai PM and two Northern Ireland PMs) have been educated at Eton.